Individualists believe that any just government must derive its powers from the consent of the governed. And to guarantee this relationship, a government must adhere to the following principles:
1) Ensure the unalienable human rights of every individual citizen, including the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
2) Ensure competitive markets and the right to private property so that capitalism works to the benefit of all individual citizens.
3) Ensure the rights of individuals to organize into groups for legal, political, religious, work, and other purposes.
4) Ensure the rights of every individual citizen to vote in free and fair elections.
5) Ensure financing for all political campaigns comes directly from the individual citizens and is conducted in a fair, equitable, and transparent manner.
6) Ensure the health and well being of all individual citizens and the planet they inhabit.
7) Ensure the rights of individuals always take precedence over the rights of corporations and other nongovernmental entities.
8) Ensure a free and independent press and the right to freedom of speech for all individual citizens.
9) Ensure a balance of power between the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government in accordance with the Constitution.
10) Ensure every individual citizen is treated equally under the law, and no one, including the president, is above the rule of law.
Only by adhering to these principles can a government legitimately claim to exercise the will of its citizens and act on their behalf.
Policies & Governance
Translating the above principles into action, we come out in support of the following policies: